Upright Citizens Brigade Improvisational and Sketch Comedy Training Center
The Upright Citizens Brigade Improvisational and Sketch Comedy Training Center is the only accredited improv and sketch comedy school in the country. Our highly trained faculty represents the best writers and performers working in comedy today. Over the last 15 years, the Upright Citizens Brigade (Matt Besser, Amy Poehler, Ian Roberts and Matt Walsh) have developed a unique unified curriculum that is constantly updated and improved by the best improvisers in the world.
With facilities in New York and Los Angeles, the UCB Training Center offers comedy courses seven days a week at convenient times and locations. In cooperation with the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre students have a chance to perform and learn from current alumni in a popular venue. UCB Training Center teachers and alumni include writers and performers for Saturday Night Live, Parks and Recreation, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, The Colbert Report, Key & Peele, 30 Rock, The Office, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Funny or Die, Happy Endings, The League, Children's Hospital, and many other hit television shows and movies.
Because of extremely high demand, it's difficult to sign up for a UCB class.Here's what to expect:
- Classes sell out very quickly, sometimes less than a minute.
- If you don't see a class that fits your schedule, we probably offer it but it's sold out.
- You will not have to wait until the classes that are currently posted end, we will add more soon.
- New classes are added constantly, we recommend checking frequently.
- We offer classes morning, afternoon and evenings 7 days a week.
- Sorry, we do not maintain wait lists for sold out classes.
Always in Session Choose a program below to enroll
The Upright Citizens Brigade Training Center offers two programs of study: Improvisation and Sketch Comedy. A full description of our courses, philosophies, and policies is available in our Course Catalog
For Further Info Contact
Joey Price, Assistant Registrar
Chris Griswold, Assistant Registrar
- [email protected]
- (212) 929-8107